I specialize in comprehensive psychological testing for adults. If you or your client are experiencing psychological difficulties and are unsure of the exact issue behind it, contact me (link) for a free 15 minute consultation to determine if psychological testing is a good fit.
The evaluation process typically consists of the following:
- Extensive clinical interview to obtain background history and current difficulties
- Psychological testing including some combination of the following: IQ/cognitive, personality, memory, as well as executive/adaptive functioning
- Gathering data from collateral sources (if applicable)
- Therapeutic feedback session to discuss results and recommendations
Psychological testing is highly tailored towards the individual and the presenting concern.
Some examples of reasons people seek testing:
- It can be recommended by a mental health professional while in the process of determining your exact diagnosis (es) and to gain clarity about treatment interventions
- You are seeking accommodations for college courses or during a standardized exam (e.g., MCAT, LSAT, GRE, etc.)
- Adults on the autism spectrum seeking community services
- You are seeking insight into various relationship patterns in your life