(The evaluation is approached from a culturally-competent framework and considers the unique culture and perspective of the client/family)
- Comprehensive History of Client and Family
- Behavioral Observations and Interpretation
- Examination of Genetic Risk Factors
- Mental Status Exam (MSE)
- Current Mental Health Complaints
- Assessment of Abuse and Trauma
- Assignment of a Mental Health Diagnosis (if applicable)
- Published Psychological Research/Literature (if applicable)
- Malingering Test
- Use of Valid and Reliable Psychological Measures
- Examination of Extensive Background Factors Regarding Hardships (financial, socio-cultural, medical, etc.)
- Incorporation of Applicable medical Records (from outside physicians, psychiatric hospitals, or mental health professionals, etc.)
- Expert Psychological Opinion
- Three 50-minute sessions to gather information and understand your unique family circumstances
- Detailed letter containing expert psychological opinions to include in waiver petition packet
- Collaboration with your immigration attorney (if applicable)
- Revision of letter to ensure satisfaction (if applicable)
- Opportunity to discuss and process difficult life circumstances with a Licensed Psychologist
- Tips/Resources for managing the stress of the immigration process
- Tips/Resources for coping with trauma (if applicable)
The report will be completed and mailed within 10 business days from date of final session. It will include any applicable records. If you need the letter in a shorter time frame, additional fees apply.
Two sets of signed hard copies will be mailed: one to the client and one to the attorney. The above fee includes one revision in case of errors.
Please see fees page for pricing information.
Please note: Dr. Casarella cannot guarantee approval of any immigration-related petition; however, she will present the best case possible for you and your family.